Upcoming Knighthood Attempt - Technicalities Inquiry

• We do not set any kind of performance benchmark for your ride (i.e., how hard you have to go). However, we insist that you do a ride in which you Suffer and which, most importantly, of which you are immensely proud of yourself for having given all you can give and a bit more.

Oh, and you’ve got to set new numbers before the quest.

1 Like

Erm, no you don’t. Maybe this wasn’t a serious comment but could be confusing to someone reading it without context so just hashtag sayin’

1 Like

You could quest on old numbers, but why?

We’ll, that’s what previous Knights told me before my first. I’ve just always done my Quests on new numbers.

Because the numbers don’t matter, it’s the Suffering that counts. There were no numbers when Knighthood started and they’ve never become a requirement or measure of “success” or “failure”. Simples.

2 Likes

To quote Sir Coach NeilH.:

I decided to storm the castle myself on Sunday. Not because I feel particularly strong, but won’t become easier anyway. My wife and kids are on vacation and I just finished a big project at work. For me, this is almost a once-in-a-life opportunity.

I hope/expect that the software is working properly. I already tried once (last year) and after the third video the software crashed and I couldn’t start the fourth video within the 10 minutes.
That’s why I will not use my software/webcam to capture me and the screen.

1 Like

New numbers matter when you’re calculating burn rates for calories for fuel intake, on the fly adjustments, etc.

No, 4DP final numbers don’t matter, but numbers matter if you want to pace properly.

1 Like

Looks like we’re heading for a downward spiral so we should probably leave it. Numbers may matter or they may not. Neither is right, neither is wrong. My way is not your way is not anothers way. There is no right way, there is only do.

3 Likes

Agreed.

@AndM Best of luck and post if you can to keep us updated. Check out the pre-event page in the mental toughness workbook. It will help you with the what can go wrong list and how to address.

1 Like

Just decided which road to go:

1. HHNF
  2. Butter
  3. Ther Rookie
  4. Angels
  5. The Wretched
  6. GOAT
  7. A very dark place
  8. Revolver
  9. Thin Air
  10. Team Scream
3 Likes

@AndM Looks good. For my KOS I had planned to manage power as follows: 1-3 @ 80%, 4-6 @ 75%, 7-9 @ 70%, 10 @ 65%

I felt good and kept 80% through 4 and 5 and it turned out not to be a good idea as I really started to struggle - especially from 7 through 10.

Be sure to practice your rest breaks - 10 minutes goes by fast.

1 Like

Brave path through the Amber Waves of Pain there. Impressive.

Thanxs, the % help a lot. I thought of starting at 85%, but will decrease that starting point.
This reminds me to add the % onto my cheat list.

3 Likes

I have my first child due to come right around Christmas. Thought to knock it out before he arrives. (^__~)

2 Likes

Noted! Thank you.

Was leaning with these, not in order though (haven’t decided the order yet):

GOAT
Thin Air
Attacker
Team Scream
The Hunted
Fight Club
Norway (replacement not yet decided)
Power Station
The Wretched
Who Dares

1 Like

I was actually thinking to the other day! This is just the confirmation I needed!

Best of luck! Checking the drawbridge chains …

1 Like

Well, apparently it’s not a requirement - although I was told by other multiple knights before my first attempt about 5 years ago that it was - I personally do set new numbers because I’m OCD like that.

2 Likes