Spin down directly in new SYSTM app?

I use the wheel-on Kickr Snap w/ the Sufferfest. Like many others, I do a 10-minute warm up and then exit the Sufferfest app, open the wahoo app, do the spin down, and go back to Sufferfest app for my ride.

Does the new app have a spindown feature so I don’t have to do this anymore? If so, can you tell me where to find more info? If not, why not?

Thank you.

6 Likes

Good idea!

Being an over 50 rider I always thought the warmups and cool downs were too short. I used to take a virtual ride on one of the other software programs to warm up, then jump into Sufferfest. Cool downs I usually would just spin for awhile after the workout ended.

I always wished Sufferfest would’ve had the ability to take into account a riders age and other factors to combine with 4DP in the workouts but assumed it was beyond the technical capabilities of it or it would’ve already been there, so I just worked around that limitation.

Warmups and cool downs would be a great addition.

SYSTM doesn’t have spindown functionality at the moment but from reading DC Rainmaker’s review it sounds like it is on the list of features ‘coming soon’

3 Likes

There is a post on this topic from the coaches. I generally use Ignitor as a warm-up but sometimes use Ready, Steady, Go.

2 Likes

Excellent article and makes complete sense.

Now wondering if I’m doing it wrong? I have the Snap as well - I just usually start in Wahoo, do the spin down, then close it out and open Sufferfest. Is the 10min warmup for you, the bike, or the Snap?

:thinking:

I have a snap as well, how often are you doing the spin down? Now I’m thinking I should do it more often after reading your posts

I spin down before every ride. I feel like I’m calibrating the trainer. I’m wondering what everyone else does.

I’m referring here to the recommended 10-minute spin to warm up the bike and Kickr Snap prior to calibrating it using the spin down feature in the Wahoo app. It’s just a pain to switch apps in the middle of a ride, and since the Sufferfest is no more (huge disappointment), it’d be nice to have all the features of the old Wahoo app and SYSTM app in one place.

You’re going to make me go back and read the manual, aren’t you? :wink:

Anyone know or able to comment on what actually the “10min warmup” for the Snap and bike actually does? Like I said, I key up the Wahoo app as soon as I get on the bike and follow the on-screen guides to “slowly” spin up to 22.4mph. I then queue up SUFF for my ride.

As far as I know it’s to ensure your trainer is up to optimum temperature so that the resistance to overcome friction is reduced and calibration will be more accurate.

1 Like