Official Tour of Sufferlandria Announcement

Where is the SufStore?!
I need a flag to compete under!

14 Likes

In the diary. First ToS for me. Looking forward to the suffering

4 Likes

Very excited about this - haven’t done one before! And thanks for making this Forum a hub instead of Facebook… I ditched my account a few years back and I’m sure many others have as well.

11 Likes

I really hate most software and communities moving away from Facebook. I understand privacy and algorithm and so, but I found myself contributing much less (or nothing) once the discussion moved to the private forum.
I’m on FB everyday, and I can access it from my mobile device. Here I need to come on purpose to check what’s happening, and I need a laptop.

3 Likes

Calendar has been blocked off! This is the absolute highlight of the winter cycling season for me. Really looking forward to tour #6!

I’m also hoping we’ll get to see the “On Tour” videos again this year with @David.McQuillen.KoS and @dylan.robbins. I know its a big challenge to put together and edit a video every day while curled up in the fetal position after the day’s events but I really look forward to the first hand accounts of how the day went, to see the terror in their eyes when thinking about tomorrow and going through some awesome content posted by the community.

5 Likes

Hi @Simone_Chiaretta, you can access the forum on a mobile: Use the Discourse App to access The SUForum on your mobile device!

8 Likes

Its taken me three years to recover from the physical and mental trauma of the last Tour. Maybe I’m ready to do it again…

Yes I also left Facebook a couple of years ago and am very happy we have this forum as the hub for the Tour and everything else Sufferlandrian.

Norm

4 Likes

This will be my 8th TOS and looking forward to the fun … I mean suffering.

3 Likes

@genolan has already answered the mobile access thing.
Just wanted to add - when you do get that app installed and up and running it’s ideal for this kind of forum stuff.

And the FB conv would go in forever. Personally I’d rather never see Facebook again, but appreciate the many views.
Still using it while people are still looking for support in the SUF page for example but hopefully that still at some point end.

2 Likes

I would love to give it a crack… in winter. It’s disappointing that this only seems to suit the Northern Hemisphere. Here on the Southern Hemisphere I have the local XC champs that weekend and the Nationals the week after. Bit disappointing that it’s in the middle of the Southern Hemisphere summer and it’s not an option if you compete in any cycling events as this is the peak of the season… :pensive:

1 Like

Totally understand your disappointment. Still, you should also be happy that your races are not cancelled under the circumstances. Although we have far from the highest virus spread, there has hardly been any races at all here this season.

So looking forward to this! This will be my first ToS and I can’t wait. Especially after reading all the posts about it at prior years tours…Just loaded the prep plan into my calendar. Which falls conveniently 5 days after fresh FF numbers on the tail end of 12 week AP road plan
Psyched!

2 Likes

Hi Magnito, you have obviously done the mental toughness training; looking on the bright side of things :+1: You’re right, we are very lucky in New Zealand to have everything back to normal and as you say, have races on. Thanks for keeping things in perspective and enjoy the Tour!

4 Likes

So looking forward to this one… with the year we’ve all had and a house move thrown in.

What better way to toast the new year and my new cave with another fine tour of our glorious nation.

See you in the race village!!

IWBMATTKYT.

1 Like

This might be the first year I can join in for the TOUR! Looking forward to it. :slight_smile: All spring-marathons seem to be canceled because of the pandamic.

Hi Folks,

just a heads up I seen this link on other sites and it’s broken https://thesufferfest.com/pages/community-tour-of-sufferlandria-2020 404, PAGE NOT FOUND

Looking forward to first tour.

cheers
Paul

Should be

2 Likes

Hehe, Cheers @K-war! Actually, I have only been with SUF for a few weeks, so I am barely getting started. But I am motivated to do the MTP very soon, hoping to improve my deep digging skills :brain: :muscle:

2 Likes

Very excited to read about the Tour.
It has been mentioned that the Tour would be a great training for Knighthood. How would one combine the two? Would the Post-tour-plan suffice with a Knighthood at the end instead of the 4DP?

I would advise doing the FF 1 week prep plan, do your FF to get the right suffer numbers. Then the TOS prep plan I think starts in January. Do the TOS and then about 2-3 weeks later allowing for proper recovery attack. the castle keeping in mind this is about 10 hours in the saddle. Best of luck and we will see you in the village and the 9 Hammer Tavern during the TOS.

2 Likes