Official Tour of Sufferlandria Announcement

Ideally… but in theory I guess you could have a 48 hour break, give or take :woozy_face:

1 Like

Aaaah. I dig it. :love_letter:

Norway? Are you kidding me? I absolutely tough love the unexpected element in this lineup.

The reveal video was genius. Involve the strong community - great great concept.

3 Likes

T-shirts and posters to be on red bubble again?

3 Likes

The video was fantastic… this will be my first tour, nervous, excited and can’t wait.

I need to get a tour T-shirt.

1 Like

Poster is available here: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/67996532. We’re not doing T-Shirts there this year due to a lot of piracy of our images on RedBubble. We’ll release a new t-shirt in a few weeks.

2 Likes

And it’s a headwind all the time.

1 Like

Sadness :frowning:

Yes, well, only along the coast and on the mountains. Which is basically 115,3% of the country if you include islands.

1 Like

Personally, I’m dreading Stage 1 and Stage 7. I hate those long, sustained efforts. I’m a sprinter, FFS, and those kill me. I’m looking mostly at Stage 3 for a chance to shine. Have not yet decided whether I’m going Nuclear or Focused this year…most likely will start Nuclear and see how it goes (we all know how it will go).

4 Likes

Sprinter too but definitely better at Sustained, so roll on the climbs … just having Nine Hammers is enough to mean I’ll be in pieces from the start.
Awesome.

1 Like

Yeah. I think Stage 1 is really going to wipe riders out so that 9H on Day 2 is going to be really, really tough.

Yup. All of which means not bonkers through S1 and everything at Nine Hammers, which I’ve yet in all the years never finished on current’ish tested numbers
February …

Sustained weakness here too. I did Attacker for the first time today (came up in my program) - was hard but doable. I have done Defender several times and it has kicked my butt repeatedly. Doing A after D is going to really hurt, but at least it is on Day 7 so we will be fresh…

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

After the second stage reveal I immediately thought to myself, I won’t be working my usual day job on this day. I need to use some of my overtime if I want to make it through the tour.

I always heard that GvA is evil, but never really believed it myself… until now.

Never doubt GvA.

2 Likes

OH, so it’s YOUR fault. :joy:

3 Likes

Excited for my 2nd TOS! Stages look great! Small suggestion @David.McQuillen.KoS for newbies… in the how it works section, maybe add some commentary around the register link will take you to DPF website to register for the fundraiser part… and then go to “training plans” in SUF app and apply one of the options (nuclear, etc) and the stages will populate your calendar (& can launch from there). Since I had never done a training plan last year when did my ToS I was a bit confused :rofl:

1 Like

I have a theory from my experience last year, that the easiest year to go nuclear is your first year. I didn’t even have my passport this time last year.
You see in the first weeks of SUF you improve so quickly from your FF test, there is s chance you can get through.

3 Likes

This is going to be epic for sure! When I first did Joyride I thought the voice sounded just like Phil the Thrill Gaimon. Looking forward to all the stages except the devil itself nine hammers! Will pray for Everybody!
WE GOT THIS!

3 Likes