Family packs

Hey Minions

Have you thought about doing a family pack so that everyone can suffer? Other (lesser) apps do it. Will Sufferfest please?

3 Likes

Family packs would be interesting as I have my daughter using SUF right now.

out of interest - what kind of offers to other indoor cycling platforms have so we can get a sense of it?

I know Zwift don’t (or didn’t) when I used it. But I’ve never looked at the others so would be cool to know

1 Like

Rouvy allow 3 users on a premium plan. From memory they also limit total devices to 5.

1 Like

Zwift have free child accounts for those under 16.
Of my three kids, two are Zwifters.
This, by the way, makes for a fantastic reason to convince my SO that we need more trainers and expand the Torture Chamber. :smirk:

4 Likes

My son uses the free zwift account. Its great for getting them on the turbo trainer.

2 Likes

Yeah - minors get a year free thing is handy for specific ages - full price though if your kids are older. Still a ‘thing’ though eh that could be a useful future tool for us

Rouvy - that’s interesting - I’m sure two or three people could manage with 5 devices :slight_smile:
Def worth knowing about - and around the same cost (not going there Obvs !!)

Martin.

My wife and son currently use a Rouvy family account. I don’t, for obvious reasons. Think SF would do well in getting younger talent into the national team if it did the same thing.

1 Like

Hopefully SUF allows the yearly plan to tag along a family member in the future… especially those spouse who occasionally ride to get a feel of the torture chamber…

4 Likes

I would love a scaled down/reduced price kids’ account, especially in the event that schools close again this year or PE is modified to an at-home independent study project. At the very least the latter looks likely for us, and we have snowy winters here in the northeast US.

My son found zwift boring, and I think he would appreciate the sufferlandrian sense of humor. Even if it was a limited number of rides + beginner yoga + beginner strength. It’s going to remain important to support a healthy immune system as we head into fall/winter!

Michelle R.

4 Likes

I have the same issue and with only one trainer it isn’t like we are going to ride at the same time. Unless there is a family plan I am avoiding the platforms. The issue with Rouvy though is the lack of quality in the app’s but I have figured out what to do to work around the problems for now.

Hopefully Sufferfest listens to these posts and comes up with an option.

BigRingVR offers family subscription.

A great idea actually.
E.g. my wife enjoys some sessions time to time, like Open one with footage from Mike (Col Collective), Elements of Style and a few others - could be nice to give her ability to have her own records. We are not considering getting another account thou, as she trains rather sporadically.

Any update on this?
I’m new and still looking around what software to use for my son and me. Apparently Rouvy and Zwift are the only ones to offer some kind of family plan.