Back on Dec 1st I did Half Monty which went well, and then Full Frontal on Dec 5th, which was not so good. The upshot of that was I had a nice jump in both FTP +37 and MAP +31.
So the day after the failed Full Frontal I thought I would take my new numbers out for a spin, so to speak. The plan was to do 2 rides a day Back-to-Back. The first would be the harder of the two done in ERG so I had to hold power and the second in Level mode with the intent of driving above the power targets. Here is what this week looked like:
Monday Dec 6:
- GNC Torque Monster in ERG
- Big Gear Varying Cadence 3x10 in Level 1 above power targets
Tuesday Dec 7:
- Proride London 1 in ERG
- Provence: Dentelles de Montmirail in Level 1 above power targets
Wednesday Dec 8:
- GCN Power Torque Intervals in ERG
- Tugende in Level 1 above power targets
Thursday Dec 9:
- MAP: 2 Sets 3x2 in ERG
- Raymond Poulidor in Level 1 above power targets
Friday Dec 10: Off Day
Saturday Dec 11:
- GCN Equalizer in ERG
- Provence: Gorges de la Nesque in Level 1 above power targets
Sunday Dec 12:
- GCN VO2 Max Intervals in ERG
- French Pyrenees: Circue de Gavarnie in Level 1 – couldn’t hold power.
- I made it through the first half fine, above power. Then came the 7-minute threshold which I just couldn’t hold. Made it at threshold for about 5 of the 7 minutes.
- Then the 9 over-unders. Did fine on the first 3 overs, had to just spin through 4, did 5, spin through 6, did 7, spin through 8, and did 9.
All my wife could say was “why do you put yourself through this”. I just laughed.
Over all, feeling pretty good about the week. Back to an average week so I can do a recovery week before the Rapha 500 to close out the year.